Monday, March 11, 2013

Keep On Keepin' On {only} prt. 1


Wherefore seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 
For consider him who endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be weary and faint in your minds.

§

Lord, why do I have to go through all this?!? I'm trying to do the right thing, but noone seems to want that. They are treating me so badly; I can't seem to see what good this is doing me. Maybe I should just give up on this; I'm tired and don't want to be around these people anymore. Could I just walk away and give up now?

Maybe these are your thoughts. Maybe you are trying so hard; maybe you are doing your best. And, probably, you are tired {okay, exhausted}. You just might be ready to GIVE UP. I've got news for you:

You're trying too hard.

Guess what? YOU CAN'T DO IT. At least, you can't do it... on your own. Take a look:

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Phillipians 4:13

I want to clarify this before I move on {to prt. 2} of this post: 



§

Note from author: This post is part of a series; if I included everything that I wanted to say in this post then it would be loooooooooooooooooooooooooong. So I'm spreading it out; hope it's not too confusing. You can definitely look forward to part two!!!

No comments: